Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Linky Party Invitation: "Welcome Students" letters/notes

Ok, now I will be a new first grade teacher this coming year, and I will soon be receiving my postcards to send to my students. The postcards will have a note welcoming my students to my first grade class. What do I write? How do I write it? We are talking first grade here so should I write it in a way that the student might be able to read it or write it assuming the parent reads it to them? What about a rebus-style note?

Here is where you come in. I need your help. Join this linky party and let us know your grade level, what you write, how you write it, and if you use any special formats (postcards from a printing company, perhaps?). Show me what you got! I can't wait!

P.S. This is my first linky party! TIA for showing some love :)


5 comments:

  1. I have been planning on doing a post about this. I will work on it tonight and link up! Thanks for the Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Erica Bohrer's blog. She just posted her first grade handbook with great information to help out. I am not of much help at the moment. My c;assroom is being cleaned for the year and my files are on my class computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be following you into your first year of first grade and wishing the best for you. You'll love the little people!!
    Jayne
    http://abcsofreading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, good one! I will be sending a letter with an updated supply list, since I'm picky about certain supplies! I will post my introductory letter on my blog! Come follow me!!

    Marcy @ http://busybeesandcupcakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a "Lots of Linkies" Linky list to organize all the parties on blog. Be sure to add this one there.

    Denise
    http://yearn4learning.blogspot.com/2011/07/lots-of-linkies-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete