Friday, July 22, 2011

Shoes and Quackers

You’re on the playground and a little one comes along and says, “Teacher, look at my new shoes!” and then you’ve got 10 more kids running toward you with the same request. I have to admit, they’ve got some really cute shoes!

Mrs. Tab has created a really cool unit on shoes! She is so right when she said that kids adore their shoes and at the beginning of the year they adore their brand new shoes! Well, there’s the motivation for the students to learn graphing and such using the topic of shoes. 

She created a unit so go check it out!image

One of my favorite children's books is

Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Gameimage 

Since I am moving to first grade, I’ll be able to use this book in my classroom! It really helps kids think outside the box when it comes to alphabet books. I also want to do an activity where the students come up with their own ideas for an unusual abc book that we can compile as a class.

 

Heads Up!

imageCheck out this new blogger who is celebrating with a TPT certificate giveaway!

 

Also, check out a giveaway for all at image.

 

Don’t forget to here to win a thermal laminator!!! You know you want it!

I’m working on my first freebie and hope to share it very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I will have to check that book out. I am keeping my fingers crossed for your giveaway;) Have a great weekend:) Anais

    ReplyDelete