Sunday, April 26, 2015

Bullet Journal Lesson Plans




I've come to the conclusion that all the lesson plan templates I've created are all missing something. All teachers know they have activities, worksheets, meetings, special speakers, assemblies that need to fit somewhere in their lesson plans every week and yet these items feel more scattered than organized, like this:

 
 I always feel the need to highlight...everything. Worse even is to use up all the color ink to highlight everything in various colors to make them stand out. Are they really easier to see? Not really.


Now, my lesson plans look like this!

 
 Aaahhhhh! Why didn't I think of this before?


What is bullet journaling? It is a way to plan with bullets, sort of like a checklist, but more. Now this new way of lesson planning is not true bullet journaling, but I've taken the list part and incorporated it into my daily lesson planning. My schedule is now at the bottom and my most important things to do in that day are at the top. If for some reason I don't complete something on the list, I can look back across past days of the week to see what I still need to do. Nothing is lost in the jumble of the schedule found at the bottom of the page. My whole team has decided to use this way to lesson plan and we feel so much more streamlined in our planning! It is truly freeing! And just think, next year's planning should be easier when we refer back to these same checklists.




5 comments:

  1. I love your bullets! So smart! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the linky! Always fun to share.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this!!!! I can't get myself to type up my lesson plans-I still like writing them by hand, but I think I'm going to start making bullet boxes next to the tasks we need to complete. Just LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the awesome feedback! :)
      Make sure you check out the Bullet Journal website. There are other symbols to help your eyes track quickly across your paper to find what you're looking for. Glad this helped you! Good luck with it!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I usually have 2 lists going at once- this would totally streamline it! Thanks for sharing!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars

    ReplyDelete