Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy July 4th to My U.S. Friends: Freebie and 20% Off Sale!

[Freebie is no longer available]

Happy 4th of July! I know not everyone in the world celebrates this holiday, but any holiday is a great excuse to celebrate! I'm so very excited that I have reached one of my goals of having 100 followers in my TpT store so I wanted to share that joy as well.

I've been working on adding some printables to the anchor charts I created for the CCSS (Common Core) Critical Vocabulary anchor charts. The theme is "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" and they are going to help our teachers (me included) teach these very difficult words to K-1 students at our school.


 I chose "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" for a few reasons:
  1. Most K-2 curriculum products or reading programs include this same story.
  2. It is a well-known story for any new student who may be transferring from another school and you need to get them up to speed in the middle of the year.
  3. ELL students will be able to understand the simple plot and characters.
  4. This story is developmentally appropriate to link to the rigorous critical vocabulary.

Our upper elementary teachers really need our support to teach the critical vocabulary that is expected to come up more than 80% of the time on standardized testing when our littles get to 3rd, 4th and 5th grade...and beyond! I know how important it is for elementary students to have a firm foundation in vocabulary because before I taught 1st grade I taught middle school ELA and gifted enrichment for the first 10 years of my career. Students with an understanding of rich vocabulary have greater success in comprehending those tough academic words across the disciplines.


After I created the anchor charts, I immediately knew this was going to be a growing project. I am about to share the entire package to everyone and if you stay tuned my blog or link up with me on my other socials then you'll be the first to know when it goes live on TpT if you want to grab it up. Here's a sampling of a little something from kindergarten and first grade:















As you can see, I've created at least 2 printables for shared learning or individual learning, depending on the needs of your students. There is also a color version and b/w version of the anchor charts. My 1st grade team already has these charts printed, laminated and cut ready to post and use for next school year! I still need to get the upcoming printables ready and printed for my class. I'm so excited to see how my students will learn to know and use these words throughout the school year!

If you are seriously considering these for your classroom, please take advantage of the current price as these will most likely increase in cost as I've added over 50 new printables across the K-1 bundle in all and I have plans to add other activities to them in the near future. Purchasing these now will save you money in the long run.

As a treat, my whole store is on sale this holiday weekend until Monday! So you can get an additional 20% off! If you do make any purchases, please come back to my TpT store and leave a comment (thanks in advance!). If you have questions or issues, please message me so that I can take care of those right away and not have a negative comment for something I could take care of for you in a more timely manner; I only hope that what you purchase helps you as much as it helps me as well! Click on the picture below to link to my store for this amazing opportunity!


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/First-Grade-Frame-Of-Mind


Have a great weekend! Hope you can spend some fun time spent with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment