Saturday, September 5, 2015

Currently September 2015

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy, Fourth Grade for another "Currently".



It has been so hot in NE Ohio the past 2 weeks! High 80s! Thank goodness our new school has air conditioning. I remember when we didn't have A.C. in the old buildings and we would stick to our papers, desks, and each other! Our brains were mush!

I've been so ready for a 3-day weekend! We get one this weekend and another next weekend for Fair Day that Monday. Yay! My doggies are excited too! Go check out the cute picture of them on my IG!

Our SLO data needs to be in before the end of this month and I still need to grade my students' tests! I like data but I don't like grading it all and compiling it into a spreadsheet.

Do you have a difficult time finding balance at the beginning of the school year? I do. Just simply going to bed on time and not falling asleep as soon as I get home from school would be awesome. What a challenge to get back to routing...I love routine, but when I'm back in the groove of it!

...And since the beginning of the school year, I've not made time to put all the laundry away in a timely fashion. Poor hubby! He's gotta dig for his clean boxers down in the bottom of a pile of clean clothes. Teacher husbands are so forgiving! Thank goodness!

I need to grocery shop more consistently so that we stop getting take-out, I'm loving the fresh veggies I'm eating much more of but I need to start dialing back the ranch dressing I dip them into...I can't help it!

So, what are you doing currently this September? Others are linking up at Farley's website so please go and check out what other teacher friends are doing while getting their "back-to-school" groove on! 


 

3 comments:

  1. Grocery shopping is hard. I'm usually either so tired I don't want to stop and do it on the way home and get stuck in even worse traffic ... or when I'm being good I'm in a hurry to get to the last class at my gym! I'm trying to replace some of the ranch with hummus (which I first thought was weird but it's pretty good on crisp veggies) or sometimes even with little portions of guacamole. Hooray for good fats (or at least variety)? No AC for any amount of time is just mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on falling into the "take-out trap," but sometimes the McDonald's drive-through calls to me on the way home and a cheeseburger/fry combo is my reward for surviving the school day! HA! Yay for two 3-day weekends in a row for you! LUCKY!
    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute! I love it! So jealous of you all with your 3 day weekend - mega pouting !! Could definitely have done with day off here - the first week back at school is SO tiring!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete